Listening to 9 Bullets radio is a ritual here in Friday mornings; I’m currently listening to the latest episode which is also a fundraiser. I just sent in some funds to help support one of the best radio shows in the nation; hope you consider doing so too. Excited to hear new songs by Alone at 3AM, Tim Barry, and Cory Branan. Thanks Nine Bullets / Bryan.
Man. The first show after a marathon show is always so nice and relaxed. I played a lot of brand new music in between all the chatter, whining and begging that makes up a marathon show and I was afraid a lot of people may have missed it so I tried to get a lot of it back into last night’s show. Speaking of marathon, I would like to say that by Friday afternoon last week the show had met (and exceeded) it’s goal. So, props to all of y’all for that.
Now, about this week’s show. Late yesterday afternoon I saw that Levon had passed so I decided to bookend the show with him as a form of tribute. In between we got brand new songs from Will Quinlan & The Diviners, Joe Pug, Alone At 3AM, Tim Barry, The Only Sons and plenty more as well as an all requests segment of the show. All in all, I think the show turned out pretty strong and I would highly suggest you spend an hour of your day checking out the archived stream of it.
Below is the playlist for April 19, 2012
01. Todd Farrell – Ninebullets Radio Intro
02. Levon Helm – Wide River To Cross
03. Joe Pug – Neither Do I Need A Witness
04. Will Quinlan & the Diviners – Cuyahoga River Blues
05. Fifth On The Floor – Distant Memory Lane
06. Alone At 3AM – Wolf In The Woods
07. Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires – The Red, Red Dirt Of Home
08. Don Auber – Smoke & Steam
09. Larry & His Flask – Beggars Will Ride
10. Dinero – Some People Push Back
11. The Only Sons – The Natural
12. Middle Brother – Million Dollar Bill
13. Lauderdale – Drink To Sleep
14. Tim Barry – Fine Foods Market
15. The Band – The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Bold = Request
P.S.: If you like this show, do me a favor and post about it on your Facebook/Twitter/Blog. It’ll do a lot to help these bands reach new ears…and in the end, that’s what this is all about. It’ll also help bring the existence of the radio show to more people’s attention & the more people there are listening/paying attention to the show the more likely it is to stay on the air.
Episode 68: aired 04.19.2012